Help me! White icons on stock!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iBricked, Sep 5, 2010.

1. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Help me! White icons on stock! and something else.

Well, my icons have gone a bit funny, I have deleted the icon cache and rebooted, this worked before but it doesn't work for me. I deleted this whole folder var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconcache

Is there a permanent fix. Some pictures. I know I have posted a lot of help threads but these problems seem to be only happening to me, I am a bit risky. Here is some pictures of whats pissing me off.

I have tried the 5 Rs except restore! No I would not like to restore because I need backups which have some stuff on it which could be bad for restore.

The original icons in the folder are correct, they have no problem, they just funk out on the springboard.

UPDATE: New problem, i am just going to piggyback on this thread to get some juice out of my problems, see cydia apps there the folder? It lags when I open it, yeah, it just lags no reason. Other folders do not. Also iFile lags a lot! It is really bothering me in the fact that I rely on it, when I take iFile Out it does not lag anymore..

Special surprise to whoever can find out what is lying under that shiny red badge.

Attached Files:

2. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Interesting, i had the same issue once with the exact same icon while i was destroying a theme to find something.. i deleted something and the icon went blank on me, and i didnt know how to get it back. i think the icon cache has to be rebuilt, because i went into safe mode only to see that settings was still blank. i just ignored it and it eventually fixed itself, but i too want to find a fix. youll probably just have to wait.
  3. iBricked

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I bet it was that stupid webviewcontroller. That stupid thing did this.
  4. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    You see I would agree, but the storage thing is that it happened to me when I was deleting a whole bunch of stuff out of UIImages and Respringing, and that's when my icon turned white. I just ignored it because I didn't know what to do, but I did return eventually. it's probably because iOS 4 is so different and Winterboard still has bugs.
  5. iBricked

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I Don't use winterboard, I think that winterboard or WVC or something I deleted that day during the paid package has deleted and not returned my old files, funny thing was that only those few ones have the problem, to get rid of the problem, i stuck them in a folder and just left it alone, but its so annoying and I am freaking out.
  6. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    lol just put the original icon.png on the app
  7. iBricked

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    IT is the original, I'm not stupid, I tin I said that twice to you, no offence of course. Its the caches fault.
  8. sanvy

sanvy New Member

I notice that there is a windows software named iSpirit. They said install deb ipa files through it would not appear white icon, it can also fix the appeared white icon. try it.
  9. iBricked

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Where do I get VoiceMemos.deb?