Help me to Jailbreak my iPodTouch - I am really struggling

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by 1117248, Sep 8, 2009.

1. 1117248

1117248 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello, I don't really understand forums and this is my first time using one. I apologise if this is in the wrong section but I would really appreciate anybody's assistance.

I am trying to jailbreak my ipod touch. I have no idea what 2G means or what alot of it means. I have downloaded the 3.0 software through iTunes for my iPod Touch and attempted to follow several guides. I am using the application redsn0w .8 and when I need to browse and choose iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore redsn0w indicates that it is unable to recognise the specified IPSW.

I have searched for this error using google and I have tried all of the suggestions that I could understand however I still recieve the same error at this stage. I am really frustrated as it took me 8 hours to download the 3.0 update because it kept timing out. If somebody could please walk me through what I am doing wrong step-by-step or how to correct this I would really appreciate it.

Thankyou very much.
  2. Samm

Samm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. nutritional

nutritional New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hmmm try redownloading redsn0w or running it in administrator
  4. markomite

markomite New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    2G - Second Generation. It refers the the newer ipod touches, with the curved backs.

as to your problem, make sure your ipod is currently running an unjailbroken 3.0, then choose the same exact ipsw as your ipod is runnning. If it says "waiting for reboot" for a while during the process, take the plug out of your ipod and put it back in immediately. It should be working.