Help me QuickPwn Boot Logos

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by TheConqueror, Aug 28, 2008.

1. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

Hey guys, my iphone 3g is running 2.0.2 firmware and i decided to replace the boot logo, so i tried and had an EPIC FAIL!!!! and now i have no boot logo at all. Can someone patch a version of quickpwn to make sure i dont lose my cydia or my installer and make it only change my boot logo? thanks a lot guys! Logo is attached

Attached Files:

• logo.png
      logo.png
      File size:
      30.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Hello. If you'd used the "SEARCH" button at the top, you'd have seen this post:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91516&highlight=quickpwn boot logo

It's titled "[Tutorial] How to change QuickPwn Boot/Recovery Logos" - it's written in a way that anyone but a complete idiot could follow through successfully.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Try it out, and see what happens.
  3. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

ya smart one all it says is DOES NOT WORK, some guy patched it for me once maybe someone can be kind enough to do it again

Plus i tried like 5 diifferent method nothing works
  4. Jarlath

All you have to do is rename the quickpwn150.exe to quickpwn150.RAR, open it up with WinRar, and you'll see boot.png and recovery.png. You just add a boot.png and recovery.png file to the archive, and tell it 'yes' when it asks if you want to replace them. Afterwards, rename the RAR to EXE and run the program. Remember that the file names are case sensitive, and that the files HAVE to be under 100K in size; be sure to save your boot.png and recovery.png in Indexed mode which will minimize file size.
  5. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

where do i get quickpwn150?

NVM trying it out now
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    no sorry still doesnt working, PLEASE can someone do this for me
  6. Jarlath

It looks like I was right. Remember this part of my last post?

I checked the file - it's saved in 24bit RGB color depth... which makes it WAY too big for it to fit as the logo.png in QuickPwn, or even WinPwn. Like I said before, you HAVE to save it in indexed mode for it to work. Here, try THIS version of logo.png and drop it right into the RAR file and see if it works better. Notice that, if you open it up with an image editing program, it says "INDEXED" in the file type.

Attached Files:

• logo.png
      logo.png
      File size:
      20.8 KB
      Views:
  7. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

sh*t man still nothing! can someone please patch it for me god i dont know what i am doing wrong
  8. unixd

unixd New Member

I have the same problem. I tried usin a png just under 100 kb and now I have no boot logo at all. Maybe if we use quickpwn and select change boot logos only then provide the originals it will solve no boot logo, the only problem is I can't find the originals
  9. Jarlath

Even if it says the file size is under 100k, unless you save the PNG in indexed (not 16 million color) mode, it won't be flashed in. Try the file I attached, use WinRar like in the tutorial I linked, and see how it works. It's worked for others here, and this is sounding a lot like an Error 6 thread.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

still nothing, please someone patch it for me