Help me please :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Bellefire, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Bellefire

Bellefire New Member

Okay, so I'm trying to jailbreak.
    Andy and Tom in #ipodtouchfans have been graciously helping me, but can't seem to figure out my problem.
    I closed all the iTunes apps, I disabled Norton Auto Protect, I restored my iPod, and then I click the jailbreak bat. The black window comes up and asks me to press enter, and 1 second later a window pops up saying:

patchfstab.exe common language runtime debugging services
    application has generated an exception that could not be handled
    process id=0xc24 (3108), Thread id=0x1648 (5407)
    click OK to terminate the application
    click cancel to debug the application

If I click ok, the black window stays up and a lot of text comes, and at the end it tells me to restart my iPod. So it seems like it's going through the process it has to go to, but evidently there's something fishy happening.

Can anyone help me fix this please?
    I really want my iPod jailbroken, and it's just my freaking luck that something goes wrong

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

1) This might eb a stupid question, but I have to ask: are you using the version appropriate for your OS?

2) Did you restore your iPod before trying to JailBreak?

3) To narrow things down to exactly what the problem is, you should start the 74 step version (posted on this forum) and find out exactly at which step the JailBreaker gets stuck
    (pay close attention when it comes to the part about modifying the fstab file). Fix that, quick restore, and re run your JailBreaker.

Also, what does "all that text" say?
  3. Bellefire

Bellefire New Member

1) Yes
    2) Yes

Andy discovered that "getfile" isn't getting the 300mb file from me called rdisk0s1.
    I looked in the basher-itouch-fix folder I extracted and that file wasn't there or anything. I don't exactly know how to explain it but he had me do a cmd command so I could see why this wasn't working, and it said in the cmd screen:
    getfile: Failed to open remote file: 4

Anyone have a solution? :\
  4. SkylarEC

I'm not quite understanding, so it's not reading the Ramdisk off of the iPod? If so, then enter Recovery Mode to force iTunes to put everything back the way it's supposed to be.

(And this is probably a stupid question, but you did go to the website to download the exploit tiff, right. If not, then that would block access, and prevent you from getting that file.)
  5. marcos22

marcos22 New Member

please please help

i tried the jailbreak @ 1st it worked fine and i downloaded the springboard 4 it then the 4 icons that are @ the bottom were all the way @ the top and unclickable then i turned off my itouch and now it wont boot up at all and i tried the whole restore thing but when i connect it, itunes wont do anything some1 help me i really dont want 2 buy a new ipod touch
  6. SkylarEC

A quick search reveals 15 threads about getting Summerboard to work properly.
  7. SkylarEC

Bellefire, I stumbled upon this and though you might be interested

8. Bellefire

Bellefire New Member

That was exactly it. Thanks for posting that

AndyHuang and ThomasHayes and Complexis all helped me last night (Andy for like, 9 hours), and I'm all jailbroken now

Now just gotta get some pretty themes and stuff.
  9. SkylarEC

Awesome! I glad thiings worked out for you.