Help Me Please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bl00dr4g3, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hello,

I have an iPhone 2G that was on 3.0 and was unlocked..I accidently updated and I am unaware of how to unlock the device. Also, when i plug my device into my computer iTunes wants me to activate the device but i cant because i dont have a sim card that has service.So my question is How do i unlock my iphone 2G? I dont care if i have to downgrade just give me step by step instructions...Thanks in advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    Sorry for double posting but i really need help...Anybody???
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Anybody?????
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

The 2G can always be unlocked but to do it on the newer firmwares you need a Mac. Or at very least you need the custom firmware created via Pwnage Tool on a Mac.

Go here for a good guide: iClarified
  3. Shukketsu.Azuguad

Shukketsu.Azuguad Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

I did that, uninstall Itunes, and install Itunes 8.2 [google it], and restore iphone to 3.0 [shift then click restore, find the iphone 1,1 3.0 ipsw], and that should put 3.0 on your device. Use redsn0w 0.8, download the required binary files [3.9 and 4.6 is what mine is required original iphone 8gb], used Redsn0w 0.8 to unlock and I installed Cydia, and my iphone has been fine.
  4. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks....that worked.And please look at my other thread about my wifi problem...thanks again