Help me please!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by G187, Feb 15, 2009.

1. G187

G187 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi everyone, Im a 1st Generation iPod Touch owner, 32Gb. 2 Days ago i dropped my iPod into the sink and it got water on it. So anyways the screen and iPod appear to have no water damage. But now its in recovery mode and i must restore it, I have tried restoring it multiple times and it wont work. Im not getting an Error or anything just when iTunes prompts the "Waiting For iPod" my ipod loads fully on the bar but nothing happens, PLEASE SOMEONE WHAT CAN I DO!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Edit: I have let the ipod try to restore for around an hour and a half, still nothing...
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Look in the headphone jack. Is it red? If it's not, go ahead and take it back to the Apple Store. Try putting it in DFU mode as well. You can find out how to do that by searching around.
  3. G187

G187 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I belive my ipod is in DFU mode when i turn it on it just has the Connect to iTunes logos. In the headphone jack its half pink half white so i cant take it to apple, but i dont think anything is wrong with the iPod itself i just CANT restore this thing PLEASE ANYONE!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    still no luck, its definitly in DFU mode because i cant "boot" it out of recovery mode, what can i do anyone this is soooo hurting lol
  4. G187

G187 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    are you guys serious, no one knows anything lol
  5. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Run the battery completely flat, the put it onto some speakers. Or run the battery down then plug into the computer, do not remove/do anything with it. If its broken fully then nothing will happen if its ok then it will go bak to your springboard, hope this helped
  6. G187

G187 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have done this and once the battery dies, i go to charge it and when it charges it goes back to the iTunes logo and iPod Cord, still cant get this thing to finish a restore.
  7. Fenderboy

Fenderboy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are you sure theres no water damage? Try putting it in rice and see if it helps.
  8. G187

G187 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok so new question, do i buy iPhone 3G 16GB or wait for the 32GB?