Help me Please!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by troublesome_killa, Oct 24, 2008.

1. troublesome_killa

troublesome_killa Member

ok I was about to go to bed and I plugged in my iPhone into a wallcharger and when that happened it went to "plug into itunes mode" then it shut down by itself went back to normal then back into iTunes mode. I entered DFU mode and when I try to restore it I get Error 9 and it doesnt even turn on......It detects it and while its restoring the iPhone turns on but I always get Error 9 HELP PLZ

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Unplug everything from the USB ports and restart the computer. Now plug it back into a different USB port and restore.
  3. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    If ^^^ doesn't work:
    When in DFU hold the home button and power button down for 10 seconds now let go of both.
    Then while holding the menu button plug it in and wait until it is in recovery mode and you should be able to restore.
  4. troublesome_killa

troublesome_killa Member

I put it in DFU mode but now the screen doesnt turn on. It only turns on when I try to restore it on iTunes but ive been getting Error 6, 162, and others......
  5. juliust71

juliust71 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    that's DFU mode, the screen should not turn on when it is in DFU, so don't worry
  6. troublesome_killa

troublesome_killa Member

ok well I guess its in DFU mode I rebooted and tried a different USB port. I got nothing

I still get errors trying to reboot on custom and non custom Firmware. Now I get error 2005
  7. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If your on a mac try this.

Go into "Activity Monitor" and force quit iTunes helper. move "com.apple.iTunes.plist (from ~/Library/Preferences)" to your desktop Restart your computer and fire up itunes. then plug your iphone in a different USB port.

If your on window I cant help you.
  8. troublesome_killa

troublesome_killa Member

I dont have a Mac

and it wont be till wednesday until I get my macbook.....Is there any other way?

Edit: Now I cant even restore, itunes will detect my iPhone randomly, tell me that this iPhone needs to be restored I click OK and then my iPhone disappears out of iTunes

Edit2: Now I just got a White Screen???
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    anymore tips? I think my iPhone is stuck in DFU mode and cant get out.....iTunes keeps detecting it and then not detecting it