Help me!! I'm scared!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by shahir29, Sep 13, 2008.

1. shahir29

shahir29 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I just got my ROGERS iphone 3g today and i jailbroke it right away, and when i turned it on the first thing i did was turn on WiFi and make sure it was connected! Well after all the cydia installing, i checked my usage and everything was fine until i saw data usage 8.4 MB!! and i'm not on a data plan so that would be around $416!!! What should i do? Is this disputable with rogers also im a 12 year customer so would that help my case to get the charges removed?
  2. ash09

ash09 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you were using WiFi (and not EDGE or 3G), then there's no problem. WiFi use won't be charged through your wireless bill

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm assuming you have WiFi in your house, in which case you were using the internet in your own house, not getting data from your cellular network.
  3. aeroNiK

aeroNiK New Member

Why does a 12 year old have an iPhone.
  4. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Doesn't an iphone require a data plan to use all features? Thats what it says on my iphone 3g box..... So maybe some things require you to use the data plan...... I donno im just thinking... could be wrong.
  5. Rawd

Rawd New Member

It doesn't show wifi in the data usage.. only the 3G data usage.

Isn't it $5.00 per MB? I have the 6GB plan, so I don't worry too much about it.
  6. Flybar for life

Flybar for life New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    on y do u care
    Two iPhones are awsone
    Ur just pissed because Im twelve and I have an iphone and u don't
  7. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    He's not pissed or jealous, it just seems like it's a little ridiculous. What a materialistic society we live in.
  8. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

QQ some more, wanker.
    "You're just jealous" says the fat, pimply-faced 12-year-old sitting on his computer flirting with 8-year-old girls.
  9. snickerdoodle

snickerdoodle New Member

DIS!!!!
    But i have pimples (a little)
  10. roo20487

roo20487 New Member

Why are you guys arguing when he doesnt even say hes a 12 year old. He says hes a 12 year 'customer' meaning hes been with the company in question for 12 years, hence he means they might drop the charges cus hes been with them for so long - you guys just like to argue or somet?!

In reply to the original question, if they do charge you just ring them and explain the problem, and hope they take pitty. Play on the 12 year customer thing and say its the first time this has happened and was a genuine mistake.