help me i think i bricked my ipod!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by guitar_freak6969, Apr 4, 2009.

1. guitar_freak6969

guitar_freak6969 New Member

please try to help me. okay i tried to jailbreak my ipod 2g with a program called XeSn0w but when i was trying to put in in dfu mode i was having trouble and kept trying to do it. then my ipod turned off and now it wont turn back on. i thinked i bricked it? my computer wont recgonize my ipod and it wont let me restore it. i dont know whats wrong with it but someone said to use redtool to jailbreak it and that would fix it. but i tried and it says at the bottom "device disconected or turned off" i am confused and i dont know what to do. i am useing windows xp please help me!!! i am a total noob so please try to explane what to do in step by step

thank you!!
  2. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Plug it in and place it in DFU mode, then shift-click restore.

And no, you did not brick it.
  3. guitar_freak6969

i dont know how to do that! please explane
  4. Modified

Modified Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    In order to get your device into DFU mode, hold down the HOME+POWER buttons for 12 seconds, then ONLY release the Power button and keep holding the HOME for another 8 seconds or so. Now, iTunes will detect the iPod and it will tell you to restore it. Hold SHIFT as you click Restore, that's a shift-restore.
  5. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hold the home and power button for exactly 10 seconds together, then let go of the power button and keep holding the home button for 8 seconds, or until your computer recognizes the ipod, meaning you should probably plug it in and then try to put it in DFU. Once your computer recognizes it, go into itunes and it should tell you to restore, so do it, and if you have the firmware already then hold shift down and press restore, and then find the firmware on your computer and use that to restore.
    Note: dont restore to the custom firmware that some jailbreak programs create!
  6. zander951

zander951 New Member

Hold down the power and home button for ten seconds. I would get a watch or something. Then after 10 seconds you should release the power button so your only holding the home button. After ten seconds you should see a flicker of the itunes and cable sign. Plug your ipod into the computer. Try all of your usb ports if the one your using doesnt work. Then click shift and restore on itunes and find the original ipsa or just click restore on the menu. Hope i helped.
  7. Modified

Modified Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm sorry, but that deserved a quote.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. guitar_freak6969

i tried this but itunes still dosent recgonize it!? anything else?
  9. Modified

Modified Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If it is still not being recognized, then you are doing it incorrectly. Keep trying, and make sure you follow each step.
  10. guitar_freak6969

omg its working!!!!!! i am sooo happy thank you everyone!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

))))
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i love you peter petrelli thank you