help me for my eternal gratitude

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ronwheeezley, Nov 1, 2007.

1. ronwheeezley

ronwheeezley New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    okay. i jailbroke my ipod and it worked fine (via www.jailbreakme.com) and i was like MAN I WANT IPHONE APPS! so i restored my ipod and attempted to do the "ipodtouchmaster" dude crap. in the middle i was like wtf. cuteftp--whatever doesnt work. and so i went to my ipod. its screen was totally white and blank. i thought to myself ..ill just do a force restore. i did the force restore and i got the "connect to itunes" screen. i waited countless hours (or minutes...) and the ipod thingy wouldnt pop up in itunes. i restored it OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!!! but it wouldnt work. ive gone through mostly all the threads and read the instructions forwards and backwards but im having trouble. i re-installed itunes and it still doesnt work...

WHATS WRONG!?!??!?!
  2. cjccjc09

cjccjc09 New Member

you have to do is:

**You must unistall Itunes , Quick Time , Apple Software Update, and Apple Mobile Device Support

**Then go to search files type Apple, Then Do another Search type in Itunes , Then Do another Search Type in Apple Mobile Device Support (Delete all the files in every search)

**You must delete this files manually from your computer

**Then when you finish deleting files manually YOU MUST MUST restart your Computer (Before that make sure you delete all the itunes and especially the apple moblie device support files)

**Then install a fresh copy of itunes.

**The reason why its saying you need the " Iphone Software" is because the apple mobile support folder is missing a file ( This file is the apple mobile support file that you use for jailbreaking your ipod). In order to get that file back you must remove all the apple itunes files and programs including Quick Time, Apple Software Update, Itunes, and Apple Mobile Support. You got to uninstall all the program and also delete the remaining files of Itunes, Quick time, and Apple Mobile Support Folders after unistalling it. To do that Use the windows Search to locate the files and delete them....

Try This Method see if it work
  3. zatchzeno

zatchzeno New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    when you put on the iphone apps, did you change permissions to 755????????
    and force restore is a last restore. if possible, restore from iTunes.
  4. cjccjc09

cjccjc09 New Member

yea in some applications....
  5. zatchzeno

zatchzeno New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you need to do all, and go into folders and do the same thing.