Help me change file permission without wifi, plz...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Yongkykun, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hi, I'd just jailbroken my iPod Touch yesterday, and now I'm running into several problems..

1. I can't install term-vt100 from installer, yet I get the mobileTerminal, but it asks for password and login which I've searched in the forums to no avail (some say I need to input alpine, but it says that it's the wrong password then asking for login name). Know a good repo where I can install vt100?
    2. Since I can't get my terminal working, I need to set my SNES roms permission to 755/777 (which is it, really?) so that I can save. Any idea how? I don't have wifi connection, so I can't SSH or use WinSCP. If this problem is solved, then I actually don't have any other problem with my JBed iPod Touch.
    3. Seems that other problems like summerboard themes and iPhysics level packs installed at the wrong (/old) folder have been fixed, so I'm happy with that, though I haven't tried installing the patches.

I'm running on 1.1.4 ZiPhone 2.4' JBed 8GB iPod Touch with Mobile Finder, BSD subsystem 2.1, installer 3.01, mobileTerminal v206, AFC2 FIX, SUID Lib fix, and ZiPhone iBrickr Fix.

Thanks u guys..
  2. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

ok you can do it with mobile finder. simple goto settings and check every setting except application and executable launch, navigate to your file. from there hit modify, and chagne the permissions to 755 by changing the boxes so that all three on top are checked, and just he left and right ones on the bottom are checked. that will set permissions to 755
  3. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Squid will also do this. it is a simplified file manager.
  4. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I tried it, but each time I modify, when I click done and go back to the file attributes, it reset back to the usual settings,

owner read write
    group read
    everyone read

permission: 420
  5. gojohnnyboi

chris is correct, squid is the easiest way to set permissions, however if you cant download it then....i guess not

AS FOR NOT SAVING PERMISSNIONS....you must hit done at the bottom after setting permissions....not just close out. or it will not save
  6. gojohnnyboi

*** NO!! ***
    *** NO!! ***

thast 755
  7. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Exactly what I tried. I suspect that there's something that I need to do so that my Finder can actually access system files or change file permission. EDIT: I don't know what it is.. so, can anyone please help? I'm all stressed out here...
  8. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Aww.. come on.. some of you must know how to do this... It's freaking 1am in my place and I can't sleep 'till I can get this done and over with...

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. SimonTheSnowman

SimonTheSnowman Active Member

ok, download iphonebrowser, have your ipod plugged in, open iphonebrowser, find the app you want to change permission (choose them) then right click, properties, change the permissions..

ok, atleast i THINK, thats how you do it in iphonebrowser

10. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Sorry, but no. iPhone Browser can't change permission