Help me! Bricked ipod touch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gingervergo, Feb 19, 2008.

1. gingervergo

gingervergo New Member

hello, i have (had) a 1.1.1 jailbroken ipod touch and was very happy with it. but, i ran ziphone on it, thinking it would upgrade it to 1.1.3 and have it jailbroken (like it said it would) but now my ipod doesn't do anything. when i turn it on, the apple logo appears and then some white text comes up and gets hung on the line "BSD root : md0, major 2, minor 0" and keeps executing that line every couple of seconds. there is nothing i can do, itunes does not recoognize it, and programs like iBricker and ziphone don't recognize it either. can someone please save my beloved ipod touch?
  2. biggymac609

biggymac609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    does itunes recognize it? if it does then just restore, if not then do force restore
  3. megamonkey91

megamonkey91 New Member

Have you tried force restoring it?
  4. Aurongel

Aurongel Banned

Omg Noob

--sigh* what you have to do is hold the sleep button for 3 seconds, then press the home button, and hold both for 5-10 seconds (it seems to vary). Then a "connect to iTunes" logo should appear, then simply connect to iTunes click, "Restore" and do NOT update to the eeeeeeevil 1.1.3 okay? GOT IT? GOOD! "I just want you to know that, good luck we're all counting on you"...
  5. ska18

ska18 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    omg so many noobs with this.
    Hold power and home till apple logo appears, then keep holding the home button to force restore. When screen says to connect to iTunes do it and restore your iPod.

There are countless threads on this issue. You should have searched beforehand.
    A mod should delete this.
  6. gingervergo

gingervergo New Member

hi, i appreciate the help, but i had tried that multiple times before, and it DOES NOT WORK. any other ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated
  7. mikey257

mikey257 New Member

Search "bricked" in forum titles in "ipot tech help" there are 5 threads with exactly this error.
  8. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    WOW...

Just a little heads up, this thread was from FEBRUARY... so i'm pretty sure he fixed his problem by now...

Next time check out the date so you dont bring back old useless threads

Please Register or Log in to view images