Help May have bricked Ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by maraca2020, Feb 12, 2008.

1. maraca2020

maraca2020 New Member

O.k. I plugged my Itouch in while i was downloading something and i bricked it. So, i did the whole turn off and restart computer and itouch and then i restored it on itunes. Then it said that an error had occured. Now it says that the songs are on the itouch, but the itouch is stuck at the apple screen with the cog spinning and making the rebooting noise every 10 seconds. Please help.

Thanks
  2. aftershock68

aftershock68 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1. You cannot brick an iPod touch.
    2. Its iPod touch not Itouch.
    3. What you have to do is hold in your power and home buttons until your screen goes completely blank, even before the apple comes back on the screen. Then, you either press power for one second and then hold the home button, or just hold the home button (I forget, I remember reading it in a sticky) When the restore screen comes back on, the cog will be gone.
    4. There is a search button. Use it.
  3. maraca2020

maraca2020 New Member

Fixed it by restoring it to something, thanks anyway though.
  4. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

I've tried to do the hard restore, and itunes does not recognize my touch anymore. I tried to use the "real" jailbreak, and now I am stuck in recovery mode and I can't restore. Any suggestions?
  5. deveelx

deveelx New Member

1. Connect the iPod touch to a computer.
    2. If iTunes does not open automatically when the iPod touch is plugged in, manually open iTunes.
    3. On the iPod touch, press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake button.
    4. When the red slider (Power OFF option) appears, just ignore it. Keep holding both buttons.
    5. When the Apple logo appears, let go of the sleep/wake button but keep holding the home button.
    6. After few seconds, you should see the iTunes logo and a USB image. Let go of the home button now.
    7. iTunes should detect the iPod touch in Recovery mode. Click "OK" on the pop-up window.
    8. Now click on the Restore button to restore the iPod touch.

If you get an error or cannot restore it, try doing this method with another computer.