Help making iPod connector to mini USB

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by larryzonka, Jun 10, 2009.

1. larryzonka

larryzonka New Member

I've searched the internet high and low for this, perhaps you guys have better searching skills than I do.

I recently purchased a IOGear Gear Power external USB battery for my iPod Touch for those long air plane trips. (http://www.google.com/products/cata..._catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=4#ps-sellers)

The device comes with all the wires, dongles and attachments etc, but I really don't want to haul all that stuff with me.

But what I was looking for is where I can find to buy or instructions to make a mini cable 3-5 inches long, with the iPod touch connector on one end and on the other end the mini USB connector (which will connect to the external battery). I sure someone out there has done it already... I would like to know how.

Thanks!

Hilario
  2. ahero4heor

ahero4heor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Buy another cable and splice? That's the only real thing you could do, even though that battery pack looks as if it already has a USB connector that you could keep attached (like you said). Plus I don't understand why don't want to haul "all that" around as it is just an extra cable, because what can you do with a spliced cable with a mini-USB cable once you get off the plane? Lol. You still would have to carry two cables and then spend more money on top of that.
  3. Samphotog

Samphotog Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i just looked at the pic and there is only one attachment you need from that the one on the far right
  4. larryzonka

larryzonka New Member

Yeah, I don't want the hassle in carrying the iPod cable, the attachment and the cable to the battery. It would be much easier to make one short cable with without all the extras.

I would like to splice 1 end of an iPod cable and attach it to the other end of a mini USB.

[iPod] ]---- x ----[ [USB Battery]

Does anyone know of any instructions on how to do so? I'm no electrician, i can only assume that I attach the matching colors, but I don't want to risk damaging the iPod testing something I don't know what I am doing.

Thanks for your inputs!
  5. nascar9man

nascar9man New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Duracell makes and excellent charger for the Itouch and Blackberry and the cable is only 4 inches long... go to a duracell selling site and check it out... pretty cool , bought mine for 29.99 lith- battery
  6. xFKSxSquirrel

xFKSxSquirrel Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    not to be dbag but the itouch isnt an ipod touch. its a totally different product by a totally different company and yes you pretty much just connect the wires