Help! Main Script Execution Failed

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.5 Discussions' started by hawkmoney3, Jul 27, 2008.

1. hawkmoney3

hawkmoney3 New Member

I am very new to this. I have a jailbroken touch with 1.1.5. I have been using it for a week without many problems. I have used installer to get lots of apps and games without any problems. I used FW Changer to change to 1.1.4 and download summerboard. Now I was trying to do the same with Customize but every time it downloads it says "Main Script Execution Failed." It is saying that with anything I try to get from installer. If anyone could please help it would be greatly appreiated. Thanks.
  2. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

using putty on your pc or terminal on your mac enter these commands one by one then reboot

cd /
    cd Applications/
    wget http://ipodtouched.net/repofiles/Installer.zip
    rm -rf Installer.app
    unzip Installer.zip
    chmod +s Installer.app/Installer
    chown -R root:wheel Installer.app
    rm Installer.zip
  3. btr01

btr01 New Member

i just restart and then it starts to work fine again this happen to me alot when i was on 1.1.4
  4. hawkmoney3

hawkmoney3 New Member

thanks to both of you for your help. i had tried restarting and that did not work for me. as far as using putty, i am very new to this and do not know what to do or where to go after downloading and installing it. thanks for any help or any more suggestions.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i also read under the help section

Main excecution error: install bosstools and click on free space, then on move fonts. If you see that Installer downloads the package and that the error comes after that, there is something wrong with the repo. you won't be able to fix it.

the problem with that is that i cant install bosstools because when i do it gives me the error
  5. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

I restarted it...
  6. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

it might be the source its from, go to a package and press install then when it asks you to confirm press clear queue if that doesnt work then do this

download putty from http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/putty.exe you have to be on windows. then open it after download. type in your ip address in the host address section:

settings>general>Wi-Fi>[Your Network]

that login as: root

password: alpine (it wont show up but itll be there

then copy each command one by one, right click in the putty and press enter

keeep doing that then restart your ipod