Help! Mail.app crash!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by siscle, Nov 23, 2007.

1. siscle

siscle New Member

Help! iToggle made Mail.app crash!

I have installed iToggle on my iPot, played a little and then uninstalled it. Everithing was working fine... until I tried to send an email. Mail tried to open, but it crashed after a pair of seconds.

Tried to reinstall MobileMail.app baut it didn´t work. So I deleted the app and the preference bundle; and reinstalled it again. Crap! Didn´t work.

So, deleted it again, downloaded tn iPhone apps for firmware 1.1.1, and tried to reinstall it again; the app, the preference bundle and even the GMM. framework. Nope. It still crashes.

Everything else works fine. All the apps, games and tweaks. Everything except Mail. I don´t know what else to do. Perhaps reinstalling the system from itunes and jailbreaking it again (phew, and reinstalling everything again...), but i have a lot of info in the iPot and I don´t know yet how to save that info (notes, calendar, to do lists...)

Anyone can help, plz?
  2. Fred Bloggs

Fred Bloggs New Member

I'm afraid I can't help, but if it's any consolation to you, mine does exactly the same thing

Please Register or Log in to view images

I too am looking for an answer, so if I find anything, I'll be in touch

3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

The cause is Toggle.

What happens is that the Phone functions send SpringBoard into an endless series of resprings. So long as you still have wifi, you should be able to fix this.
  4. siscle

siscle New Member

Ok, I still have wifi. And everyting else working. And no resprings at all. Only Mail crashing two seconds after executing it. So... How should I fix this?

a) Reinstalling Mail? I did that and it still does not work.
    b) Uninstalling iToggle? Nope. Same as (a)
    c) Reinstalling iToggle? Nope again.
    d) ???

Any clues for a (d) solution? Maybe installing Phone.app on the iPoT?
  5. raboonthebaboon

raboonthebaboon New Member

Reinstall iToggle, turn on the Phone function, check your mail app again.
  6. iFanaddic

iFanaddic Member

Im having the exact same problem...Someone should put a warning about that stupid iToggle. Im the kind of guy who installs everything and checkout what I want do delete or not in the case of iToggle it was already too late...
  7. jiabin88

jiabin88 New Member

yup confirmed is the itoggle no wonder after i uninstall it, i cant access my mail
  8. koksila23

koksila23 New Member

relax

go on utube and look for ipodtouchmasters videos and he will give u a source link for iphone apps
  9. siscle

siscle New Member

No, I won´t relax

I love this people:

Ok, let´s see.

I know (sorry). WE know (hello Fred Bloggs, hello iFanaddic, hello jiabin88) how to get the ihone apps, and how to install them on the iPoT, don´t we?

What we don´t know is how to fix the mayhem that a f***ing app did to our shiny and marvellous iPods.

So, stop saying "hey, i have followed the instructions on how to jailbreak my thingie and now... I AM THE MASTER!!!! I CAN TELL PEOPLE TO RELAX AND FOLLOW THE SAME INSTRUCTIONS I DID FOLLOW, EVEN IF I DON´T KNOW WHAT THE HECK I AM DOING! WAHAHAHA!!!", understood?

Sorry, but I´m a bit tired of posts like this. Thanks for your interest anyway.

Cis Garcia.

Madrid, Spain.

Proud owner of an iPoT since the very first week it came to the world.

10. Fred Bloggs

Fred Bloggs New Member

I've found the problem with mine. I'm still kicking myself

I'd though of re-setting the authorisations, but I hadn't done it recursively

I re-installed the 1.2 app and the preference bundle, did the authorisations RECURSIVELY, and it now works fine

Ah well... there was I thinking I'd tried everything !!