help lcd, dgtzr, battery, more. QUESTION

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Flipside7, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Flipside7

Flipside7 Banned

thanks for checking out my thread, i have an ipod touch 2G, and i was going to replace a bunch of stuff, and well I F'D IT UP!!!!!!!!!

im actually very good at repairs, but this one got me, and i have problems.

heres the malfunctions

the digitizer works only about to halfway down the face, and then is dead on the bottom. could that be the connection strip being damaged??

the metallic tape that, i believe holds the lcd, is partially ripped, what is it's function??

the lcd screen is broken, and the display is very light, but i can scroll pages, and open apps and stuff, so i'd like to fix it.

where are there good prices on lcd's and the digitizer
    i wanted to replace the back plate and battery too, so if there's any good deals out there feel free

thanks
  2. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    You know to be honest you'd be better off buying a new touch. The total cost of all the parts may meet or exceed the price of a 8GB touch.

How did it break in the first place?
  3. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The digitizer is what gives your iPod it's touch ability. If the bottom half of your screen is not responsive, it's your digitizer. Opening apps and scrolling is also in the digitizer, NOT the LCD.

The LCD is the display, that's it. It's the screen behind the digitizer.

I have no idea what the inside of an iPod is like, but I'm guessing you might have ripped the digitizer ribbon.

Your LCD might not be broken, there's 2 layers of glass protecting the LCD (digitizer and protection layer). Take apart the screen to see what parts you actually need. Follow YouTube videos, they're extremely helpful.
    Any questions, feel free to ask me via PM or comment.