Help jailbroken itouch 3G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tcasals, Jan 31, 2010.

1. tcasals

tcasals New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hi, my 3rd generation iPod that i jailbroken a few hours ago with blackRa1n shut down unexpectedly & now it doesnt turn on, it just gives me a black screen with iTunes icon & an usb cable, when i connect it to the pc it says is on recovery mode, i unplug it & the same screen stays. i've tried to restore it but somehow it gives me an error when it finally downloads.

the last app i used was Cydia installin backgrounder(the one you can put apps running on the background).

It has the 3.1.2 firmware, i bought it for christmas so i have a month with it, its the latest version on store. It has 8GB on storage.

what can i do?
    please help me!!!!
  2. Pandawg

Pandawg Community Development

Connect it to your computer, and run blackra1n again.
  3. tcasals

tcasals New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    omg thankss it worked great, it scared the sh*t out of me, so i have to do this every time it downloads something or everytimes it suddenly shuts down?
  4. Pandawg

Pandawg Community Development

No problem

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Yeah. You have to connect the iPod touch to your computer and run blackra1n again every time you turn off your iPod touch.
  5. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Lol noob use the search buttons
  6. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nice constructive post there

Anyways. As you have a new iPod, it is 3rd generation. This means that your jailbreak will be "tethered".
    This basically means that whenever you completely shut down your iPod or reboot it, you will need to connect it to your PC and rerun BlackRa1n. Your iPod will then boot and will return to normal, with all your apps, videos, games and music still there.
    Instead of shutting down the iPod, just put it into sleep mode (by pressing the power button once) when you're not using it. That will mean you can "wake-up" your iPod without re-running BlackRa1n, and it actually uses less battery than repeatedly switching the iPod on/off.
    The reason for the tethered JailBreak is that in the new iPods, apple updated the Bootrom (the chip which tells your iPod what to do when you switch it on). As yet, there is no JailBreak which works with the newer bootrom, however one is being worked on, and will be released when the brand new iPhones come out in June this year. you can research GreenPois0n for more information on this