!!!!HELP!!! jailbroken ipod touch doesnt even work now

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ross cristiano, Jan 20, 2008.

1. ross cristiano

ross cristiano New Member

so i downloaded an app of installer ...i think it was like a costumize app. and it installed but now it has changed my settings and walpaper and everything. and itunes wont even read it.. and i when i restart it it goes back to how it was....can anybody help me fix it some how...it wont even let me open any of my apps. it does .then it crashes to the home screen right away!!!!!!!!!!!please help

thank you very much!!
  2. azz2811

azz2811 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    have you tried to force restore it? that helps with most problems like that
  3. ross cristiano

ya i plug it into my mac and and itunes doesnt even read its there. like it is sooo messed up. i touch an icon and nothing happens and the nothing works...it changed my walpaper also.. like it wont even turn off. all i can do is reset it. and the same thing keeps happening!!!!! please help this is pissing me off sooo much
  4. Blooper4912

Blooper4912 Member

You should try restoring it. Put it into recovery mode turning it off (hold down both buttons for about 5 seconds until the screen turns off) and then turn it on while holding the home button. Once it shows the "connect to itunes" screen, plug it into your computer, go into iTunes, and restore it.
  5. ross cristiano

so i can restore it without pluging in itunes, then use itunes to restore it?
  6. toehead

toehead New Member

No, it forces it into restore mode. Unless it is a hardware problem, itunes will then read it.
  7. azz2811

azz2811 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    no you need to plug it into itunes after you force restore it: hold the home button and the sleep button ant the same time until it turns off the let go of the sleep button (but still hold the home button) and it should tell you to plug it into itunes the plug it into itunes restore it with 1.1.1 and jailbrake it and off u go
  8. ipodtouch1999

ipodtouch1999 New Member

do you force restore the right way?