help jailbreaking old 2nd Gen touch with 2.2.1

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by penzais, Mar 31, 2010.

1. penzais

penzais New Member

I have had this for ages, one day it decided that it wasn't going to work any more.
    Have finally managed to get the thing working (after a restore on another computer). Now when I put the piece of crap in itunes I get the helpful "attempting to copy to the disk failed. The disk could not be read from or copied to"

Right, so im going to jailbreak it. I have so have tried WinPwn 2.5 but that doesn't work, It got as far as going into DFU mode and then nothing else happened.

I have also tried Redsn0w but It wouldn't recognise any of the firmwares that I downloaded.

Any help here please. I have also gone back and tried to use Winpwn again but now it doesn't even get past the hashing stage.
  2. instink7

instink7 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    upgrade to 3.1.2?
  3. Anouthen

Anouthen New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Agreed with instink. Upgrade to 3.1.2 and BlackRa1n.
  4. dustybunny1

dustybunny1 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This should be simple.

I have a broken iPod Touch 2G on 2.2.1 which does not have the glass screen. and I went to go boot my new iPod Touch 3g running 3.1.2 on the tethered jailbreak and for some reason, Blackra1n decided to jailbreak the old 2G instead of my new 3G. So try blackra1n? Or try looking around for Quickfreedom which was the jailbreak for the ipod touch 2G running that firmware.

TRY QUICKFREEDOM FIRST

Please Register or Log in to view images