Help jailbreaking an ipod 1g

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by greatbob, Aug 24, 2009.

1. greatbob

greatbob New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm trying to jailbreak my friends ipod touch for him. Its a first generation 16gb model running the 3.0 firmware. I've jailbroken a few ipods before without a problem, but never a 1g. At first, redsn0w (0.8) kept getting stuck at the second reboot, but then I manually rebooted it and it finished. But the ipod didn't do what they usually do with the pineapple screen and stuff, it just resprung and it wasn't jailbroken (or it least it didn't have Cydia or Icy so I'm assuming it wasn't). So I tried to restore it or whatever that's called but after wards when I tried to restore it from the backup I made beforehand it kept asking me for a password but he didn't have his ipod passcode protected so I don't know what password it's talking about.
    Any advice you have would be great whether it's about the password or why I couldn't jailbreak it would be great. He didn't really have much on it so I don't think he would mind too much if I lost all his data.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Help please!
  2. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    having a 1st gen iPod this is what I did starting from a fresh 3.0 and setup as new iPod

I had the iPod plugged into pc\mac then powered it off. Loaded redsn0w located ipsw clicked next till I got to the screen about saying turn your iPod off.

At this point get ready to hold the power button down (I never clicked on to this till my 3rd try..... love the warning they gave) click next and hold the power down for how long it says then follow the rest of the onscreen instuctions till it takes over and jailbreaks.
  3. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    i had the same probekm with my ipod g1 with redsn0w .8 .... it got stuck at reboot, i know i got past it... no sure how but i know it had someinth to do with "irecovery" i think i had the redsn0w still open then opened irecovery then "fsboot" then reboot when it rebooted i think redsn0w detected the reboot and continued from there.... not %100 thats exacly how i did it... but i know i used irecovery at one point and got it to work good luck! ;-)