Help! Jailbreaking 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by yayjeremyyay, Dec 23, 2007.

1. yayjeremyyay

yayjeremyyay New Member

Hi,
    I have an 8gb ipod touch and I am trying to jailbreak it.(using a windows) I succesfully downgraded to 1.1.1. I downloaded the installer app from jailbreakme.com and it works fine. I upgraded to 1.1.2 and then I installed the 1.1.2-jailbreak.zip file and extracted it. Then I clicked on the windows file and the black screen came up, then a few seconds later the jailbreak screen came up (but,on the bottom of the screen there were 2 tabs; Boot from recovery and Jailbreak!) (when i look at screen shots from tutorials they don't have the boot from recovery tab) Anyways, I click jailbreak and 3 lines pop up on the black screen and then it stops. What should I do??
  2. sn1p3r

sn1p3r New Member

When you downgraded to 1.1 and jailbroke. Did you ensure you installed Oktoprep from installer? this is needed in order to be able to successfully jailbreak once upgraded to 1.2.
  3. yayjeremyyay

yayjeremyyay New Member

i installed okto prep

Yeah I installed okto prep and it said that I'm ready to upgrade to 1.1.2. So I know that's not my problem.