Help - jailbreak went wrong !!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jono400, Feb 6, 2010.

1. jono400

jono400 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Desperate help required!!!

Okay have a one week old Ipod touch 3g on which I jailbroke a few days ago using blackra1n, being the latest 3g version I always remembered to put the unit into sleep mods as oppoed to full shut down and obviously loose the jailbreak with it being tethered.

unfortnatly today I for some unknown reason

Please Register or Log in to view images

switched the unit completely off and obviously this lost the jailbreak, no probs I thought hook it back to the pc and run blackra1n again, done this, pressed " make it rain " the blackrain picture appeared but then the unit just froze with a black screen, tried pressing blackra1n again but nothing, ipod screen just stayed blank.

tried everythging to get the ipod to turn back on but still shows just a blank screen, if I plug the sync cable into the ipod and hook it to the pc itself itunes will automatically open as usual and I get the message * ipod is in recovery mode * and I should press recover to get things back to normal. tried this and eventually after what seems like ages the software will be downloaded within itunes but shortly after it is fully downloaded I get a message along the lines off " network error / times out " have tried downloading this same recovery software a good few times but just constantly getting this error message everytime.

Help - how to I get my unit out off this blank screen ?? how can Irestore ?? and lastly is it possible to restore to 3.1.2 or will itunes automatically restore to the latest 3.1.3 ??

any advice would certainly be very much appreciatted, dont know where I have went wrong but can worry about that later when I have got the actual ipod working again first !!

thanks in advance.
  2. Fwission

Fwission New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    okay well your problem with it being stuck at black screen. Try DFU mode: Hold home and power buttons for 10 seconds, then release the power button but hold home button. Now try to restore.

As for downgrading firmware check this guide out: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276478
  3. jono400

jono400 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi thanks for your reply, okay sorry should have said tried the hold home / power button routine without any joy.