HELP!!! Jailbreak error! BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0 and cannot downgrade

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bigbribri206, Mar 2, 2008.

1. bigbribri206

bigbribri206 New Member

Recently my friend jailbroke my ipod touch 16 gb for 1.1.3 and it worked fine but I started installing a ton of apps and one app I downloaded (idk which one) caused my ipod to get messed up so I restored it to 1.1.3. I tried jailbreaking it myself using ZiPhone v1.0 but when I did "BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0" came up and started repeating itself a ton of times. I forced restored it back to 1.1.3 and so it works fine as a regular iPod but I really want to jailbreak it cause I feel that the ipod touch is only worth the money if you jailbreak it. I tried ZiPhone v1.0 for 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 and both come up with the BSD root error. I've tried downgrading my ipod to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 and it always comes up with "The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1)" so I can't jailbreak it the old way. So I thought maybe its the ZiPhone so I downloaded ZiPhone 2.5 and tried jailbreaking my ipod and once again the BSD root error came up. Someone please help me and tell me what's wrong with my ipod!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks!
  2. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  3. bigbribri206

bigbribri206 New Member

I want to jailbreak it again so that the BSD root error doesn't come up but it doesn't. When i try to jailbreak again the BSD root still happens. I'm trying to make it so i could jailbreak it again
  4. Apocalypse Cow

Apocalypse Cow New Member

bump!
    I'm having the same problem. I have tried hard and soft methods, including both Ziphones, and all the other fun one-click methods. I would really like to Jailbreak my 8GB touch but all the errors are beginning to get old. I'm currently working on downgrading to 1.1.2 as none of the 1.1.3 methods work, but I kinda hate to have to downgrade. Anyone have any ideas?