Help: jailbreak 3.1.2 so thast I can dowgrade firmware

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by streetracerkam, Oct 14, 2009.

1. streetracerkam

streetracerkam New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Bought my Iphone today.
    Im currently a Tmobile customer with a G1. I wanted to give the iphone a try.

So I tried the different methods besides blackrains as I want to unlock it later..

I was gettin 1601 1604 errors.
    Till it finally restored and is working again..

Its at 3.1.2 and 05.11.07 firmware.

How can I jailbreak it so that I can download Cydia and downgrade the baseband to 4.26.08 so I can unlock it?

What method is proper and will work?

Please help me!
    I want to do this.
    If everything works, well, I like to donate to good causes

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

With the 05.11.07 baseband you have a very slim chance of being able to downgrade the baseband and be able to unlock it. Regardless, you still have to jailbreak to check the bootloader (only the 5.08 bootloader version can be used to downgrade the baseband).

I am assuming you are using Pwnage Tool (or at least a custom firmware from Pwnage Tool) to do the jailbreak? I would be sure to use a custom firmware that you know is good (i.e. make it yourself).

Are you restoring to the custom firmware while the iPhone is in DFU mode or restore?
  3. streetracerkam

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Im on Windows XP. Cant use pwnage tool..

I tried it in DFU mode, then my phone just got more screwed up with that damn restore thing the whole time.
  4. ih8-3.1.1

ih8-3.1.1 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    try searching

Mate, I recommend you search the forums for a 'How To' (or several). Be specific with Model number / version / FW etc... all the good stuff.

After spending time reading about "how to" and some of the problems experienced by other users can you actually be in a position to really need help.

You might stumble across a thread where someone has had the exact same problem as you which may (or may not) have a soltuion.
  5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

So are you restoring to a custom firmware (that you downloaded somewhere) or are you using blackra1n?

When I get the 160x errors I usually do two things to fix it; I usually make a new firmware and I also setup the phone as a new phone in my iTunes. The latter requires that the phone gets past the activation screen but that has always seemed to help. I don't do anything more to it then get past the setup screen but after that I usually quit getting the error(s).
  6. streetracerkam

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Searches arent good. Tried, failed.

As for the firmware, I dont make my own I tried them off various sites. They give either 1604 or 1601's.

I need to unlock this somehow. Is there a way where I can manually remove the programing and boot a OS with custom settings, from say something like the 1st generation 3g's, or hell even the first gen iphones?
  7. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Your response about restoring it in DFU mode is a little confusing;

Try restoring it to a custom firmware while the iPhone is in DFU mode. Let us know what happens.
  8. streetracerkam

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Could you redirect me to some good firmware then that I can download and try uploading to the phone?

Im out of sources that are "good" ( although all gave me varios errors).

Thanks..

and when I put it into DFU mode.. its really hard to get it to go back on or restore..
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Im also willing to spend out a few bucks at this point.

Currently, im doing a complete full Master Erase of everything on the phone. All settings data etc, with the hope it may go back to the original settings/update.

Then if all is good, I will try once again/

EDIT:
    I did the master erase and everything, and started it up as a new phone. I then added the firmware that i downloaded from here http://www.quickpwn.com/2009/10/jailbreak-and-unlock-iphone-3-1-2.html

So far its like 90% done restoring and I havent had any errors. It went through the normal process. Seems fine..

however, I dont think this comes with cydia..
    How can I get that so i can get fuzzyband?
  9. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Once you get it restored try blackra1n; you may have more luck.

You need to have Cydia to get Fuzzyband (Icy may be able to get Fuzzyband but I can't be sure as I've never used it).

If you want to continue trying the custom restore I would make sure you are doing things correctly; put it in DFU mode and restore to that.

EDIT:
    Don't trust the site that you linked to; RedSn0w is only for 3.0 - Find a better guide to follow.