help jailbreak 2.1 ipsw bundle

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by jkriall, Sep 23, 2008.

1. jkriall

jkriall New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am trying to jailbreak my 2.1 firmware ipod touch. I have downloaded quickpwn and have archived the correct bundle for me (iPod1,1_2.1_5F137.bundle.zip) but when i try to browse for ipsw on the pwnage tool and select this bundle, it comes up with the error message "wrong firmware bundle selected" which is kinda annoying

Please Register or Log in to view images

but anyway any of you know how i can fix this problem. After this step im fine its just this part ive been stuck on for ages.

Please Register or Log in to view images

jkriall
  2. *Soul~Of~iTouch*

*Soul~Of~iTouch* New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Make sure you have the latest version of Pwnage Tool...
  3. jkriall

jkriall New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Go to the REAL Iphone Dev site to get the real QuickPWN which already has the bundle installed:

http://blog.iphone-dev.org

They've posted warnings about non-DevTeam 'QuickPWN' programs which were hacked versions of old QuickPwn releases. After that, when you run it, it should ask you to hook up the iPod, then to click next, and then to find your 2.1, 2.01, or 2.02 firmware.
  5. jkriall

jkriall New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i tried to install it from there but all i got was this file : "Quickpwn_1.1.dmg.4393645.TBP.*******"
    maybe i am being stupid but the blog.iphone-dev site says that you need to know how to use bit******* to install the file.
    so... how do you use bit*******?
    (how can i install the file)?
  6. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

They also had mirror links. Use those. QuickPWN doesn't work with custom IPSW files either: it only jailbreaks the 2.1 on your iPod anyways.