HELP!!! Ive tried everything!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nickarmstron07, Apr 16, 2008.

1. nickarmstron07

nickarmstron07 New Member

Hello guys, ive recently bought a used 16gb touch and found its disabled! ("ipod disabled, connect to itunes message). Ive downloaded the latest itunes but it tells me to put in the passcode (which I obviously dont know coz ive been screwed over). Ive been searching for 2 whole days and tried all manual recovery methods but to no avail. Basically the "holding the power & home, letting go of power when apple logo shows method" & the "hold home while you plug the ipod in" method hasnt done anything for me, it still boots up normally and goes to the "ipod disabled connect to itunes screen".

Is there a specific time when i should be letting go of a certain button etc? or have I just been ripped off outta £250!!??? Ive been searching google for 2 straight days and im a desperate man now! If someone can help me I will be in thier debt forever!

PS great site!
    Nick
  2. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    mmm, i didnt know that a passcode would stop you putting it into restore mode. some people will tell you that you have to time it perfectly, but what ive always done is connect it to the computer, hold both buttons until it switches off, continue holding both until it switches back on and then release the main power switch but keep holding the home button. that usually puts it into restore mode.
  3. nickarmstron07

yeah tried that, it just does nothing, ive heard something about switching to another usb port but that made no difference too (my laptop is all usb 2.0) but yea when its on the "ipod disabled connect to itunes" screen and i press both buttons, the "slide to unlock" comes up thats it and when i hold them both from it being turned off it just boots as normal, no sign of the restore/recovery icon, just goes back to the "disabled" screen. God im depressed! Gonna try it plugged into my work computer later too see if it does anything but im not very hopefull

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. njt1

njt1 New Member

5. njt1

njt1 New Member

Hi.

This is caused by someone putting in the passcode incorrectly several time, 3 times first and then incremental. I just did this to mine to see if I could disable it.

Download Ziphone from zibri's site, open it up and click advanced, now select DFUmode and it will put it into the correct mode, connect to iTunes and you should be okay.

Kr. nic.
  6. nickarmstron07

thanks for your reply. I did this but it wouldnt do it due to a pairing error (obviously it needs me to be synced to itunes first which i cant do because mines not the compter the ipod has been synced to (as i bought it used). Any other help? I also tried the above link njt sent me but im still in the same situation! AAAAAGGGHH!
  7. njt1

njt1 New Member

PMd you.
  8. acidburnwolf

acidburnwolf Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dude, plug in the ipod and hold home and power. then a screen will pop up that shows the connector cord and itunes logo. the ipod screen will show up on itunes and tell you to restore, and restore. found this somewere for u. sincerely hope it works for u. good luck
  9. njt1

njt1 New Member

Okay.

Unplug the ipod from the PC. Hit Ctrl Alt Delete, and kill the ituneshelper process.
    Open up ziphone, plug the ipod in and then try running DFU mode again?.

Let us know how you get on.
  10. nickarmstron07

thanx acidburnwolf but this is my main problem buddy, ive been trying that numerous times but the logo doesnt come up at all, it just goes to the "ipod disabled connect to itunes" screen as normal.