Help ive jailbroken whats next? downloaded my first app and it dont work

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by therealriley, May 29, 2009.

1. therealriley

therealriley New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Help ive jailbroken whats next? downloaded my first app and it dont work. i used installer and i have cydia also. i downloaded an app and now it cant be deleted by holding down on the icon as the x dont appear and when the game is loaded it says register?? what am i doing here? theres not much help around for once youve jailbraked the ipod touch 2g. i used the quick freedom and did the custom install but once restored i had the option to crate a new ipod or restore the settings and i think i may have chosen my old ipod does this mean i should jailbreak it again?
    cheers for your help
  2. spacelord

spacelord New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had a similar problem and I had rejailbreak and select create a new ipod.
  3. BMatt

BMatt New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Rejailbreak with redsn0w.
  4. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

You were suppose to set up as new ipod restore to OFW(apple officlal firmware) and if you want to delete apps you get from cydia you are going to want to go to cydia>manage>packages>select package>modify>Remove and it should remove it
  5. therealriley

therealriley New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    cheers for the help guys, ive realised it wont load any jailbreak apps? they get blocked by apple itunes saying there not registered to me or summit. ive reinstalled the old and new firmware but this time round quickfreedom doesnt seem to finish off patching the file the first time it said it was complete this time it just connects to itunes and reboots!!??
  6. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You don't have to set it up as a new iPod, Each time I jailbroke I used a backup and had no problems
  7. lolwut37

lolwut37 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Use redsn0w.
    You don't have to lose anything, and its much easier.
  8. therealriley

therealriley New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    heya guys, ive sorted it now i redone the patched firmware and then selected new ipod and it worked. i now have the cydia and installer. ive tried to download some themes which i have downloaded of the net to my pc can i put these on the ipod now and also do you have to have an inividual icon for each theme ? how many icons/apps does the ipod take? also im not sure if im using cydia right if anyone has any tutorials would you mind posting the link, cheers for all your help