Help! iTunes keeps resetting my Touch-- LOST data

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jennieinmt, Jun 17, 2009.

1. jennieinmt

jennieinmt New Member

I have a 2nd gen Touch that I love. One of my favorite tools is actually the calendar. As someone that really needs organizational tools, this is a Godsend to me.
    Several times in the past few months, when I plugged in the Touch in, iTunes did not recognize it. A pane comes up and gives me 2 choices - to reset it to its last saved date, or add it as a new Touch. I have no idea why it does this, but each time it does, I lose all the data in my calendar that I have added since that last saved date. I also lose any progress I have made in other apps like games and such. While I am annoyed at the progress loss in games, etc, the loss of my calendar info is more than inconvenient as I lose appt times, work schedule, etc, and it is driving me crazy.
    I have only 1 ipod, 1 PC, and 1 iTunes acct. It can't be an issue with syncing somewhere else.....
    Please help!
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you are losing that save data because your ipod wasn't backed up since you last saved it. have you tried reinstalling itunes?
  3. jennieinmt

jennieinmt New Member

The thing is, there is no way to back it up. Say I connect to iTunes to add some new songs or updxate/purchase an app. Then I dont connect to itunes for a week or two. When I do connect to itunes, I get no other options than to either consider my Touch a new item (give it a new name, etc) or restore from last back up. Then I lose everything I have done (calendar, etc) since the last time.
    The weird part is that I have had the touch in and out of iTunes several times in the last few weeks and have had no problems, then it ate my info again. But clear back to mid-May!
    Also, when I got this Touch and sold my opld one just after Christmas, I reinstalled iTunes etc. What ain incredible pain in the tush. It took forever to wipe it all out, restore it and then reload it all on the touch. Grrrrr