Help? iTunes Coverflow & Compliations

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by _Flux_, Feb 28, 2008.

1. _Flux_

_Flux_ New Member

Ok, so i really love cover flow and i make sure i have all the alum covers for my music.

But, when ever i have an Compliation, or Movie Soundtrack, i get blanks or repeated covers everywhere.

For example, i just recently download the Juno soundtrack, its all by various artists so they dont stay together, and i have about 15 of the same cover.

Is there anyway to sort of group them, so all 15 songs stay under 1 cover, in the same place, even though they are by different artists?

They only way it ever works is if you sort your music by albums, but i much prefer it by artist.

Any help would be great, cheers
  2. Tigerclaw

Tigerclaw New Member

Yes there is

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'll assume you're using iTunes okay. If you select ALL those tracks you mentioned in the library, then right click one of them and select "Get info" from the menu, a window will pop up. That window is where all the album name, track name etc. is stored.

If you put a check mark in the box next to the album name, make sure the album is what you want, and then put a check mark in the box next to "compilation" click the arrow in compilation and select "yes".

That should be enough to solve the problem.

IF the artwork ISN'T in all tracks, select a track with the artwork, right click and copy the artwork. Do ALL the above again and PASTE the artwork in the appropriate box

3. _Flux_

_Flux_ New Member

cheers for your help, i gave it a try, its better than before...but theres still individual covers for each artist

which i know makes sense as each song is from a different artist, but i still have loads of the same cover.
    Any other ideas?

the only way i can see to do it is by just having "various Artists" as my Artist, but for an album such as "Radio Ones Live Louge", it would be nice to be told who the song is by!
  4. GregMac1213

GregMac1213 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    In iTunes coverflow, you need to do 2 things:

- make sure the songs are flagged as part of a compilation (right-click > Get Info) as per the previous poster.
    - turn on the option to group compilations when browsing (Preferences > General).

That should clear up the dulicate covers in coverflow.

Or are you talking about coverflow on the touch?
  5. Beau

Beau New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Easy

Select all the songs, right click and head into 'Get Info'

then you'll notice the 'Artist' and 'Album Artist' fields.

Since it's a compilation, the Album Artist should be something like 'Various Artists', and then the album will show up under 'Various Artists' in Cover Flow on you iPod instead of the same cover about 20 times.

Hope this helps!