Help. Itouch wont restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by xcheetahx123, Dec 5, 2007.

1. xcheetahx123

xcheetahx123 New Member

I jailbroke my touch and the apple logo kept coming up so i force restored it, but now when i connect it to itunes and try to restore it, it just keeps "preparing ipod for restore..." has anyone had this problem before, is there a way to fix it? PLZ HELP!
  2. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Isn't iTunes simply downloading the firmware? It could take a while, it's about 150MB big.
  3. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yea It takes mine like 20 sometimes 30 minutes to restore.
    Just leave it alone for a while.
  4. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    That happens to me too... but i get a error message...

If, on the iPod, It shows the connect to iTunes image, without the little sunburst...

Just disconnect it and connect the cabl again real fast... because it didnt connect to the computer...for some reason...
  5. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Worst comes to worst, force it into restore mode, and try again.

If you don't know how to get to restore mode, just search.
  6. xcheetahx123

xcheetahx123 New Member

i already downloaded the firmware. AFter i hit restore on itunes, it says "extracting files" and that loads. Then it goes to "preparing ipod for restore" I force restored it but my touch keeps turning off and when i turn it back on, the logo comes back. Can i just leave it off? if i have to have it on, do i have to have it at the "Connect to itunes" screen or can i leave it at the logo? Whats the "little sunburst"?
  7. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Your description is very confusing, could you detail exactly what you are doing, and what happens?
  8. xcheetahx123

xcheetahx123 New Member

ok ill break it down
    1. plug in itouch to computer
    2. open itunes
    3. force restore itouch and thing pops up saying apple device found in recovery mode
    4. hit restore on itunes
    5. already downloaded firmware
    6. popup saying "Extracting files"
  9. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    In point 4, you should press Shift (on a PC) or Option (on a Mac) and click Restore, so that you can choose the firmware you have downloaded instead of the 1.1.2 that iTunes will take by default (thus downloading the whole 150MB of it, even if it has already done so before).

Be sure you have downloaded the correction version of the 1.1.1 firmware, the name should be iPod1,1_1.1.1_3A110a_Restore.ipsw. Do a search in the forums if you don't have this one, other people already had problems because of a wrong version.

Then it could take a while when iTunes upload this into the iPod but not that much.

If there is still that problem and no error code from iTunes, make sure your USB connection is good (have you already had problem with it when uploading music to the iPod?). If there is an error code like 1602, re-install completely iTunes and dependencies (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306084)...
  10. xcheetahx123

xcheetahx123 New Member

ok i got it. I just switched computers and for some reason it worked