Help! iTouch keeps restarting during restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ssj20, Sep 3, 2008.

1. ssj20

ssj20 New Member

Ok this is the story i had a jailbroken 1.1.4 ipod touch for quite some time and decided to update to 2.0.2 normal not jailbroken on itunes because i got board so all i did was click update on itunes let it do its thing it downloaded 2.0.2 and everything was going smoothly so i left the room. I come back in and the ipod is on the connect to itunes screen and itunes is stuck on Verifying Ipod Software....i was like what? so i left it alone 3 hours later it said the same thing so i turned it off and tried doing it again..did the same thing. So ive been reading around on this forum and read DFU mode could fix it so i tried that and i successfully put it in DFU mode and i know i did right because the screen is black and i tunes pops up also i looked on iliberty+ and its says its on DFU mode and so does my computer. So i pretty much mastered DFU mode and i put it in and everything goes fine until it gets to Restoring Ipod Software and about 60% through my ipod restarts and turns on showing the damn connect to itunes screen again and on itunes it goes straight to Verifying Ipod Software and i have to shut down Itunes because it dosent change its like frozen. So i need some help here i tried everything using another computer, uninstalled itunes, used 7.5 and 7.7, tried it in Restore Mode and DFU Mode and if i cant figure this out im just gunna goto Apple and let them look at it. So if anyone has some advice for me id appreciate it.
    I guess no one can help me out here huh guess i came on the wrong site for help
  2. Z3RO

Z3RO New Member

Bump***

im having the same problem and would really appreciate a response...
  3. Moneyboi

Moneyboi Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Id give you advice

Please Register or Log in to view images

first of all don't go to apple LOL,

1) Download a copy of 2.2.1 - Click Here Make sure you save it to a place where you know where it is located and then download.

2) Go onto itunes holding shift, left click on restore then browse for the downloaded firmware (whereever you saved it to)

3) Then wait for it to restore

Voila it should be good as new

hopefully

Moneyboi
  4. Z3RO

Z3RO New Member

doesnt work :\

get an error message 1403 if i try to update to 2.2.1

if i just do a restore i get an error message 2003

pleeaaase help