Help! itouch 3rd gen - blackra1n

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xbrdogx, May 18, 2010.

1. xbrdogx

xbrdogx New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I recently had to restore my iTouch 32gb 3rd gen. I then used blackra1n to re-jailbreak. But, When i ran the program, my iTouch got stuck on the screen with Frodo or whoever the hell that is. I have tried restoring but the device is unrecognizable. I have also tried to hard reset as well as changing computers. I am currently waiting for my itouch to run out of batteries. But, help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  2. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Firstly, that's not Frodo, it's GeoHot, the creator of Balckra1n

Please Register or Log in to view images

Secondly, you will need to put your iPod into DFU mode. To do this, follow these steps:

Plug your iPod into your PC via USB. Open iTunes if it does not open automatically
    Press and hold the Power + Home buttons for 10 seconds.
    Release the Power button, continue holding home for 20-30 seconds, until iTunes detects your iPod in recovery mode. Your iPod screen will stay black.

Now restore your iPod to the stock 3.1.3 firmware from Apple.
    Then download the new Spirit Jailbreak from http://spiritjb.com/. Use Spirit to jailbreak your iPod. It will give you a fully untethered jailbreak, so is better than Blackra1n.

Make sure you DO NOT unplug the iPod untill it reboots after the jailbreak.

Also, make sure you back-up your iPod's SHSH blobs as per the guide in the stickies.
  3. Psoul

Psoul Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    its Geohot no Frodo.
    I recommend you to use or restore to 3.1.3 firware from Apple and jailbreak with sprit on spiritjb.com like what ibizaGTi says.
  4. xbrdogx

xbrdogx New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch