help, itouch 3G 32 GB with wifi now no wifi?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kazsak, Jan 3, 2010.

1. kazsak

kazsak New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I jailbreak an itouch and it was working fine with my home wifi. I went to a friend's house and couldn't connect to his wifi, but my two other jailbreak iphones did. So I got back home and my itouch still can't connect to any wifi (my or unsecure ones). It shows blank on the wifi DHCP screen. I have tried to reset the network, reset all settings, reset routers and still have no wifi. I can see the wifi, but when I type in the password it shows it took it but no wifi icon at the top left corner of the unit. I might have to restore to see if it is an hardware issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
  2. Mkhcb

Mkhcb Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    See if it is a hardware issue, or a jailbreak gone bad. Put the iPod in DFU restore and see if it is hardware or not.

If it is a bad jailbreak, then re-jailbreak it.

Granted, you will lose your data, but what is an ipod touch without internet. More so, if it is a poor ipod touch hardware, warranty should cover it.
  3. kazsak

kazsak New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I restore it and wifi worked, then re-jailbreak it and it works. The 3G sure restore alot quicker than the 1G and 2G. I am guessing 5 times faster than my iphone 1G.

4. Mkhcb

Mkhcb Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Glad to see I could help.

Best of luck, and happy new years.