[HELP]Isolating Cydia Downloads

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Vince, May 9, 2010.

1. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I didn't much search for this because I wasn't sure how to word it and since it's not on the first page I figured it'd be an unnecessary bump.

Unfortunately I can't go into exact detail for iptf rule infringement, but I'm on Cydia trying to download a package (Package A). When I hit download, it tries to also download another package (Package B; which makes sense because they go together). Package B is a Cydia Store app so it won't let me download it without paying. Now, I have an older version of Package B, back when it was free, and I don't need the new version for Package A to work, so is there any way that I can have it only download Package A without having it auto-download Package B in Cydia?

If memory serves me well Icy can do this, but I'd rather not use Icy.
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

No. The problem is that the Debian packager in recent versions of Cydia (and Rock/Icy) will force you to install that dependency. You could theoretically try to force the install, but in reality you'll probably have a major issue as the dependency exists for a reason - that program is set up so it MUST have that program to run correctly (unlike themes, where the theme breaks but most of it still works).
  3. Jibblejab

Jibblejab New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think, i know what your on about, and im having a similar issue
  4. cooljackthe1

cooljackthe1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. Jarlath

cooljack: the dependencies in the package will cause that to either auto-download the stuff the OP was missing (and fail), or it won't install as it will exit with an error code.
  6. cooljackthe1

cooljackthe1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Edit the debian

If it helps i could get package a.deb and edit the dependancies out of it, if this person claims that the application he has supports package A
  7. Jarlath

cooljack: the problem there is he'd need not only to repackage, but what the package USED to use may no longer exist in the upgrade due to code changes. Usually, outside of themes, those dependencies exist for a reason (eg: SDM SBSettings Toggle needs SDM installed, WinterBoard needs MobileSubstrate's latest version) to support new features and hooks that exist only in recent builds.
  8. cooljackthe1

cooljackthe1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeh, i understand, doesn't seem like he's replying anyway so i won't bother