Help,is my ipod jailbreaked

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by focusgirl, Feb 13, 2009.

1. focusgirl

focusgirl New Member

How do I know if my ipod touch has been jailbreaked,it has something called cydia,and installer on it ,what does it mean?.
  2. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    it is jailbroken, good job, cydia and installer are the alternate installers of apps instaed of appstore that u get when jailbreaking.
  3. iLINUX

iLINUX New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Congratulations hopefully you'll read the rules about cracked IPA's (this isnt the sole purpose of jailbreaking)
  4. focusgirl

focusgirl New Member

no more itunes?

Thank you,so do I need some software other than itunes,I hate it.I am new to all this.
  5. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You don't need new software. MediaMonkey works pretty nicely if you don't mind no app syncing.
  6. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

go into cydia and add sources via repositories and you will get more things appearing in cydia to use.

I would suggest you download winterboard if you wish to theme you iPod, I also like to recommend pockettouch it's great for changing music without having to take your ipod out your pocket.

If you would like to Change iPod in the top left corner then you can install a program called makeitmine also available via cydia.

for themes this is just a case of looking through cydia or installer for them, I don't know about installer but cydia normally comes with screenshots of themes so you can see them before installing.
  7. focusgirl

focusgirl New Member

gaming

Thanks a lot all of you,1 more question,can I download games and play them on my itouch without itunes?
  8. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Through the AppStore.
  9. focusgirl

focusgirl New Member

app store game

I have downloaded a game from the appstore,but it needs a code to play it How do I get this.
  10. iLINUX

iLINUX New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    You don't need new software, at the moment im trial and erroring some alternatives to iTunes.

Through Cydia and Installer?, Also you can download Emulators such as SNES, GBA, Genesis etc and ssh roms to your ipod touch.