HELP: Is it possile to....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipodtouchmagic, Feb 1, 2008.

1. ipodtouchmagic

ipodtouchmagic New Member

Is it possible to SSH/get into your iPod WITHOUT Jailbreaking it? I want a custom theme, but don't want to jailbreak it...Please help...Thank you!
  2. thatkidwiththeipodtouch

thatkidwiththeipodtouch New Member

nope you have to jailbreak it
  3. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

it ain't that hard to jailbreak
    especially if u are running 1.1.1
    u should definetly look into jailbreaking, i have jailbroken 1.1.3 and it is the best thing i have
    i got 5 pages worth of apps and weblclips
    there are plenty of tuts out there that explain to you how to jailbreak

ps: why are you a member, (ipod touch hacks .com
  4. dranktherest

dranktherest New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Simply put, no. Jailbreaking, by definition, unlocks the access to the file system that is necessary to put a custom theme onto your ipod (and much more as well).

Honestly, I don't understand the jailbreaking phobia. The 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 jailbreaks are very easy and very stable. Plus, you can only screw up your ipod by actually doing things to it. If all you want is a theme, then a onetime download will suffice, then you'll never do anything that could screw it up afterward, unless you change your mind and become reckless with installer. Plus, a simple restore will remove all traces of the jailbreak if something does go wrong (or you need to send it to apple).
  5. ipodtouchmagic

ipodtouchmagic New Member

I just don't want to lose all my music/videos...I manually synced songs from TONS of computers, and would be nearly impossilbe to get all the songs/videos/pictures I currently have on it back on once I downgrade, and jailbreak.