help? Ipod wouldn't restore and turn on

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sinrangel, May 10, 2009.

1. sinrangel

sinrangel New Member

Hi,
    I jailbroke my ipod just today and then I decided I didn't like my new jailbroken ipod so I put it in DFU mode (stupid me) and my ipod complete shut down. I got a black screen and it wouldn't turn on at all. I try to plug it to my computer to restore it but itune wouldn't recognize it. I search up the net to see if there's a way I can fix it but they all suggested I put in DFU mode and I tried to it again but I still got the black screen. I'm very afraid that I might have murdered my ipod. Can anyone help me? Or Is my ipod lost already? >-<
  2. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    First make sure that you have an updated version of itunes or a working firmware that you can restore to.

You must put your ipod back into DFU mode - make sure you follow the steps exactly, maybe even hold the buttons a little longer as you wont be able to tell when your ipod enters DFU mode

Then, either click restore in itunes or shift+click and then select the firmware you wish to restore to
  3. sinrangel

sinrangel New Member

Thanks, I'll try it but for some reason when I connect the ipod's usb to my computer-my computer it won't recognized it calling it a "unknown device". I try a different usb port on my computer it still wasn't recognized than I switch it to my bro. It worked and I tried to DFU it (the screen still remained black through that all process) but I realized my brother didn't have itunes install. So I pull it out and try to download itunes while I try to put the usb in the same thing happen the computer wouldn't recognize it. I might try a new computer again, since I don't think it was any of the computer's error maybe it's the ipod?

EDITED:
    I have the same problem as this person, we both use the same method to jailbreak by Phoenix_1018. Link: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137903

Since he/she fixed it, I take it that it can be fix. Any suggestion on how? Please and Thank you.
  4. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. sinrangel

sinrangel New Member

I tried to restore my ipod on a mac but for some reason after I put it in DFU mode and tried to shift+ restore itunes say I need to get the lastest version of itunes because it couldn't use it. I'm having problem with the usb ports on my pc and other's pcs. Is there anyway to fix it? I'm pretty sure I can restore it but as long as my computer keep rejecting the ipod's usb I won't be able to restore it.
  6. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Download the firmware off the internet and Option click (I think that is what you are supposed to do on a mac, I am not sure) restore