Help! Ipod wont turn on!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by atkfromabovee, Aug 8, 2008.

1. atkfromabovee

atkfromabovee New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was pwning my ipod and it froze so i exited out of everything and now my ipod wont even turn on or any thing ive tried holding the home and sleep button plugging it into the computer wont do anything is it bricked?
  2. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

Put it it into DFU mode
  3. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you must manually put it in dfu mode. It takes me several tries when I have to do it, but here goes.

Plug the Dock connector into the iPod

hold home and power for a whole second (one mississippi)

release the power button but continue to hold the home button

hold the home button tightly until iTunes picks it up this may take about a minute

if it takes longer than two minutes, try again.

note: your screen won't light up at all, just watch itunes. Once you are there just restore and repwn.
  4. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Chris did you get my message?
  5. atkfromabovee

atkfromabovee New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ya i cant do anything i cant put it into dfu mode it wont even turn on holding the power and home buttons does nothing
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Thank god! I got it to work after a few tries i wasnt timing it right for dfu mode thanks a bunch!
  6. Rotten Apple

Rotten Apple New Member

This is the 2nd time my iPod Touch bricked on me. 1st time it did I had it resolved after a few minutes. I was running on a Jailbroken 1.1.1. Now since that time I updated to the 1.1.4 ver. then did a jailbreak. Weird how my screen died the way it did while I was at work. I was just listening to some music when all of a sudden I here a click out of my car's AUX jack. I look at my screen and it had all these horizontal lines and finally my screen started fading away. Now my iPod won't start up anymore even after trying the solution above several times for the past hour. Anymore suggestions before I throw this out my window? Please help. I'm new here btw. Thanks