help! ipod wont start

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by liordabest, Jan 30, 2008.

1. liordabest

liordabest New Member

i got an itouch (not jailbroken) and when i turn it on i shows me the picture that i need to connect to itunes, when i connect it to my computer itunes open but the ipod is not appearing in itunes and it remains to show the picture, i bought it 2 months ago
    (srry if i have spelling mistakes i dont speak english)
    thanks for the helpers
  2. liordabest

liordabest New Member

comon please help!!!
  3. starmatrix

starmatrix Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Seeing as how your's isn't jailbroken yet, I would just do a force restore and see if it would recognize it after that.
  4. kholdilocks

kholdilocks Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That would be the best solution, before sending it to Apple.
  5. liordabest

liordabest New Member

no i tried to do a force restore and it wont work... it happend right after i updated the ipod to 1.1.3
  6. redhotchilis64

redhotchilis64 New Member

does iTunes recognize the iPod at all when you plug it in? It should tell you it found your iPod in recovery mode and you must restore.
  7. shrew

shrew New Member

I have the exact same problem, strange thing is the touch works fine on other PC'S and other TOUCH'S work fine on my PC , very annoying cos I can not get anything off my itunes onto it. IPOD access for windows doesnt find it either. It is in my device manager as working properly. I have tried every combination of reinstall , registry deleting and even reinstalled windows. So with around 30 hours invested I am resigned to having IPOD that doesnt work and no grounds to send it back. Apple support suggest restoring it through Itunes. GRRRRRRRR. It makes me want to beat my head with a rusty pole.