Help!! ipod will not turn on or anything

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xxdannyxdieselxx, Jul 25, 2008.

1. xxdannyxdieselxx

xxdannyxdieselxx New Member

i tried to winpwn to 2.0 n then after the process was complete it didnt reboot so i tried it again but now nohting detects my ipod please help
    thhank u , in advance
  2. lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    yeah I had the same problem..my Ipod is a nice coaster..I am going in an hour to the Apple store to get a new Ipod..won't be jailbreaking anytime soon, will be purchasing the firmware and purchasing apps..jailbreaking isn't worth it..I have nothing to gain to do it..all it does it destroy your Ipod(if you dont do it right) or even if you do it right it finds a way to screw up
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Connect the iPod to your computer via USB cable. Open iTunes manually.

Hold the power and home button for 5-10 seconds, then let go of power button and keep hold of the home button
    (this can be a bit lengthy, but it should take no longer than 30 seconds)

Yes the screen is black and seems unresponsive but try this anyway. This is an attempt to get it into DFU mode.
    A popup in iTunes should appear.
    (If it does not work at first then do it a few more times. I had the same problem "pwning" another's iPod.)

Also, be sure you have the latest version of WinPwn, stock 2.0 and a custom fw for pwning.

Good luck.
  4. bmxmike

bmxmike New Member

Wait is your iPod not being detected or is it just not turning on? Like blues said if you are trying to boot hold the Sleep and home button at the same time and hold it for a good 10 seconds nothing bad will happen if you hold it to long and you want to be sure to get it into DFU mode. Then just restore which means loosing all your work but a working ipod
  5. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

I'm having this same problem!

Please Register or Log in to view images

going to apple store sunday to get it replaced... mine started different though

I was playing monkeyball... and the ipod got really hot (i could feel it through the case)
    so I took the case off and powered the ipod off... after picking it up and trying to power it on, nothing.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. freakchopsuey

freakchopsuey New Member

Thxs!

Thxs so much dude, finally somebody put an answer to my problem, cauz Ive been browsing google for hours and everybody tells the same things that I've already tried....BUT, I'm still having and error, it says it's been detected but could not be identified properly, error 1605....any idea?
  7. Willshark

Willshark New Member

Thxs so much dude, finally somebody put an answer to my problem, cauz Ive been browsing google for hours and everybody tells the same things that I've already tried....BUT, I'm still having and error, it says it's been detected but could not be identified properly, error 1605....any idea?