help! ipod virgin in distress!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by befaulkner@aol.com, Jan 5, 2009.

1. befaulkner@aol.com

befaulkner@aol.com New Member

Please help. I just bought an ipod touch and have only every had a shuffle. I still can not navigate the itunes site and sync properly. I do not know how, but on my ipod a song that I only bought once appears 12 times on my playlist. Just this 1 song out of 22!! It is annoying scrolling through "All Summer Long" that many times. How can I delete this from my ipod. I have tried re-syncing but it does not repeat on my library.
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You can check the box next to "Manually manage music and videos" on your iPod's device page in iTunes. This allows you to add/delete straight from the iPod rather than dealing with your library all the time.
  3. befaulkner@aol.com

Thank you for responding. I already have the manual management set up. Could you please tell me how to delete all the songs but keep one to have on my playlist. Speak to me like a dummy...I am one when it comes to technology!
  4. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You can just select the song and right click > delete or hit the DEL key in your iPod's music library. Delete all of them but one.
  5. befaulkner@aol.com

In my library, the song is only shown one. Only on my ipod is it shown 12 times. Is there a way to delete it from the ipod itself?
  6. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You're attempting to delete from the Music section under your iPod's name, right? Not the main iTunes Library.
  7. befaulkner@aol.com

Yes. This section shows the songs only once so I do not need to delete anything. Now, I just noticed another song I bought earler appears 3 times on my ipod playlist. How am I doing this? I just transferred purchases and synced.