Help, Ipod Touch~

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tamachanusko, Mar 28, 2009.

1. tamachanusko

tamachanusko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hi Everyone!

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm new here and i was hoping you guys can help me..

I am buying a 2nd Gen ipod Touch ( 16 gb ) tomorrow and i need some guides and tips on how to get the best of it before my school starts..

Questions :

1: When i buy my Ipod Touch, what do i do? Upgrade it to latest Firmware or?
    ( Full Details Please, Latest Firmware not hackable?, Bugs etcs. )

2: I heard that Upgrading software cost money, is that true? can i upgrade at the apple outlet itself and pay them or i have to do it myself at home using credit card? or is it free?

3: Whats the Different between Jail Broken Ipod touch and a normal ipod touch. ( Warranty, Applications, modifications. )

4: I don't See Window Vista Home Basic in the Ipod Touch Manual, Will my Computer be able to work with the Ipod Touch?

Thanks Everyone!! If possible, please give me more guides and tips.. im new to this hacking ipod touch thing.. only got experience on hacking phones

. Sorry...
  2. rmc08

rmc08 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    iPod Touch's sold now SHOULD have the latest firmware of 2.2.1 if you get it from the Apple store. If you get it from somewhere else it depends... All firmwares are hackable on both generation iPods using QuickFreedom (2G) or QuickPwn (1G). Jailbroken has the ability to install 3rd party applications (through Cydia + Installer) Apple doesn't allow such as OpenSSH or NES or emulators etc, and a normal one doesn't have these abilities. And yes, vista home basic will work perfectly it doesn't matter.

Jailbreaking will void the warranty, but it Apple doesn't find out you hacked it, basically you didn't. (Just restore before you bring it to the Apple Store.)

Good luck

3. tamachanusko

tamachanusko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Thanks!