[help] ipod touch wont work

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by maximus5961, Feb 23, 2010.

1. maximus5961

maximus5961 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    ipod touch wont connect to pc wont charge and is stuck in apple boot logo, wont go to dfu mode and windows does not recognize it when i am at the connect to itunes page please help!

ipod touch 2g
    3.1.2 jailbroken
    8gb
  2. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    connect it to another USB or better yet to another computer n restore there. I had this problem once when I installed Rock after Cydia n ran some apps. got stuck n rebooted n returned to ur case! BTW Win7 seems a little buggy with iPod with damaged firmware. If u another system try it!
  3. maximus5961

maximus5961 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    ok i will try this when i get a chance but i am also running windows vista, and shoud i try restore or dfu mode (i never mastered dfu mode)
  4. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    If ur ipod gets detected on computer do this to get into DFU easily...
    1. Turn on the volume of ur PC as high as u need.
    2. hold POWER+HOME button until iPod turns off, a sound of USB device disconnected will be heard.
    3. After the sound release the POWER button but keep on holding the HOME button until iTunes popup with a recovery message. (this will take about 30 seconds). At this moment ur iPod screen should be blank!

Don't worry, when iPod doesn't boot well it may show all kinds of problems. No need to panic there!
  5. maximus5961

maximus5961 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Dude i F'in love you (no homo ) this worked it actually detected it and now im going to restore ill get back here to report back!! THANK YOU!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    ok everything worked i am about to jailbreak butone note: the one thing is that when i was in step 3. my ipod screen did not go blank it still had that connect to itunes image but it worked THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    so it went to recovery mode. it's not bad but I usually use DFU mode when starting fresh. Glad to know that ur problem was solved. BTW u r the second guy who loved me. My GF will be pissed...