HELP!!! Ipod touch wont restore

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by A1den18, Nov 16, 2009.

1. A1den18

A1den18 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey there my iPod touch during a restore does not complete. During the restore process my ipod restarts itself, which cancels the process.

After installing winterboard My iPod shut down into recovery mode, research on the Internet told me i needed to restore. So Ive clicked restore, then restore and update.
    It goes through these steps: extracting software> (the ipod makes a disconnect and connect sound in quick succession)> verifying ipod restore with apple> preparing ipod for restore.
    This is when i reach trouble, my iPod screen changes from "connect to itunes" to a black screen, then to the apple logo (for turning on). This is when the restore stops and I receive the following message: "The ipod "iPod" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (13)."

Three hours searching the Internet any my problem seems unique.

Can anyone help me on what to do? I'm pretty sure its the restarting of the ipod that this to crash.
    N.B. I jailbroke my iPod with blackrain
  2. DeadKid

DeadKid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Just a guess: get an ipsw file from a source on the internet or try to redownload via itunes. Then try to restore with "shift - click" and take the downloaded firmware - file. NO guarantee that this will work, but maybe there were some errors/problems when downloading the ipsw that is in current use.
  3. mutantblack

mutantblack New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This is not unique problem. I had this problem before.
    Try using different computer. Like DeadKid said, download ipsw file and when you restore it, press Shift restore it. If it still doesn't work, put the ipod in dfu mode and restore it. That should work no matter what. Then rejailbreak it afterward.I had use blackra1n on my 64gb so many times I never really have problem.
  4. A1den18

A1den18 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It worked! Thanks dead kid and mutantblack.
    To those that have the same problem here is what you do:
    1. Download the ISPW from this site http://redacted
    2. Shift click (as deadkid said) on the restore button and do a manual restore.

The first time it didnt work, so I turnt off everything and went to sleep. I woke up, pluged my ipod into the just turnt on computer and restored it.

I did a count on my attempts of restoring: 16/17 failed ipod restores and 1/1 Failed DFU restore
  5. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    glad to hear this worked, i had the same prob a lil bit ago and i couldnt figure it out for the life of me
  6. cordless

cordless New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Winterborard ALWAYS reboots after install and put my ipod in RESTORE mode.. I have done it and everytime i install winterboard it reboots after install and put the ipod in recovery mode. Its a brand new 32gb latest firmware, blackra1n installs NP and cydia NP , its juet winterboard that does this and then ALL my apps and mods are gone so i need to install black ra1n again,, i dont think ill do that until i figure out why winterboard does that., any ideas ??
  7. Sunrisemoon

Sunrisemoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, 3g iPod Touch is a tethered jailbreak, which means every time your iPod reboots or resprings you will have to open Blackra1n on your computer and press 'Make it Ra1n' again. Everything will be back to normal after that and you will have all the apps you had before...
  8. xX_Dog_Food_Xx

xX_Dog_Food_Xx New Member

Device:
    iPad
  9. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    no its only when you reboot, not respring.