HELP! ipod touch will only restore to 1.1.3, nothing works!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by drdeveloped, Feb 14, 2008.

1. drdeveloped

drdeveloped New Member

I have been searching the internet but I have not found anything other then to
    restore using option putting the device into restore mode.

none of these work.

I had the ipod jailbroken with 1.1.3. I reached a point where i was unable to install apps without an error because of somthing i had not previously installed.
    I decided to restore to 1.1.1 and start over. I got to 1.1.2 but it said for some reason i couldn't get it to recognize okto prep.

now i'm trying to restore it to 1.1.1 and it says error 1 after other errors.
    I can restore it to 1.1.3 only.

is it time to sell it?

HELP!
  2. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  3. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

If you managed to jailbreak 1.1.3 using ZIPhone, why not try once more? There is no reason why it won't work (for 8GB iPods) as long as you follow instructions carefully. And it is much simpler than restoring to 1.1.1 and going to jailbroken 1.1.2, all you have to do is restore to 1.1.3 like you normally would, then eject your iPod, using the eject icon in iTunes, at the Set Up Your iPod screen, exit iTunes then run the program.

You can get the latest version of ZIPhone from here:
    http://www.ziphone.org/

All you need do is tick the jailbreak box in the file entitled ZIPhone GUI, then click start. Once you've done that, you can re-open iTunes and continue setting up your iPod.
  4. GeneralDuctape

GeneralDuctape New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, the same thing happened to me about a week ago. If you want to downgrade, I'd definitely use the AutoDown program
  5. drdeveloped

drdeveloped New Member

Thanks for the info. Unfortunatly I didn't know about Ziphone (I thought it was how germans called the iphone) and I went back to 1.1.1 I will try later on a friends power book if i can't get it to work here.