Help! iPod Touch Restore Issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Wilfred, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Wilfred

Wilfred New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Ughh well basically here's my story..

I watched some uTube vids and saw that people used Ziphone for jailbreaking 1.1.4

I did it even though I was aware of the

message on the ziphone website.

Now after jailbreaking I decided it was still buggy and decided to force restore. I followed the instructed procedures but after a while I realised no iTunes logo came up. However iTunes still detected an iPod in restore mode blah blah.

I restored it and decided to try it again. (Oh yeh there seems to be a white screen while my iPod Touch reboots after firmware restore?

Please Register or Log in to view images

) The same thing happened...

I basically want to know if this will void my warranty (Because I can't seem to watch vids on my iPod (it crashes) and I need to send it in for repair) or perhaps there is a fix to this.

Thnx. Sorry if this had been posted before me but I can't seem to find it.

EDIT: I also tried downgrading to 1.1.1 and do a force restore on that (just incase my problem was just an update on 1.1.4) however the same thing happened. Could have left/modified files on my iPod which will cause me to void my warranty?

EDIT2: Extremely sorry for your troubles however I have read a topic on this forum which stated that it was normal. I am truly sorry.
  2. bloot

bloot New Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Apple cannot tell if it has been jailbroken in the past. If you just restore it and take it in you will be fine.