Help!! Ipod Touch ReBooT... Won't WorK...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by J32, Apr 23, 2009.

1. J32

J32 New Member

Ok so i have a used ipod touch 2g and i got it for cheap because the kid couldn't jailbreak it and said its bricked but i looked online and everyone says its almost impossible to brick a touch. So i downloaded the "iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Restore" file and i put the Ipod in DFU mode and went to itunes and hit shift and clicked on Restore but when i go to the file i downloaded "iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Restore" it reads the "Ipod "Ipod" could not be restored because the firmware file is not campatable." I would really like to hear any advice that anyone can give me all i have is a black screen or a white screen... Anyone if you have msn and would want to help me out ill add you and i will walk threw it. with you... Thanks in advance guys and any help is appreciated.
  2. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    instead of doing a shift click restore do a shift click update that might be the problem then choose the firmware, ok?
    and if it still doesnt work then idk i onlt now how to fix it if it is on 2.2.1 firmware but i dont think yours is because the not compatible thing so try shift click update tell me if it works and ill try to help ok?
  3. J32

J32 New Member

Where would i click on the update button the one above restore is like faded out and says your ipod software if up to date, and will check again on 4/30/09. Thanks unless there is another way around it, i'm new to the ipod scene so...
  4. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    yea but did you hold down the shift button and click it then find the firmware? or did you just do that and tried to update to that firmware and it said that?
  5. J32

J32 New Member

Yea, when i click restore it and find the file it says the error code, and i cant click on the update button...
  6. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    are you in dfu mode or recovery mode? recovey mode will have a connect to itunes pic on th ipod
  7. J32

J32 New Member

Im in dfu mode, the ipod will not go into recovery mode...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I was thinking do you have to have the original software on the ipod to jailbreak it, or can i just get a version of the software that has already been jail broken, the kid said he was using "Quickfreedom" to jailbreak it and also he went off of a youtube video.. if it is possible to get a version already jailbroken, and i could attempt to put that on here, and is there any steps that after jail breaking could the kid of missed? that wouldn't allow it to boot?

So i found a file that itunes recognised and it said it had restored to factory settings and will start up in 8sec, but then in bottom right it says the device is not recognized? any advice?
  8. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I had the same exact problem, all you have to do is put it in DFU and jailbreak it. I tried so many times to restore to 2.2.1 on my friends ipod touch 2G but it wouldnt work, I jailbroken it and it wouldn't restore to the regular IPSW but it restored to the custom IPSW fine

Please Register or Log in to view images

Jailbreak it, I recommend Quick Freedom. ")
  9. J32

J32 New Member

I already have Quickfreedom on here, what file would i use for a custom file? what is involved in what you did, im lost when i go to use quickfreedon it won't let me make the file in the second step.
  10. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    i reccomnend Redsn0w no restore needed and could fix the problem here you go
    and redsn0w only takes like 2 minutes if your already in dfu mode also if you can ask the kid what firmware version he was on 2.2.1 or lower if it was lower dont use redsn0w it wont work or just try it

ok download Redsn0w 0.3 beta from http://redsn0w.com and it will be a ******* file so you will need a ******* cilent or i could just edit this post and add it as a attachement and you could just download it from this post and no ******* cilent needed so once thats done you just open it and run the file called "redsn0w" and it will open a command prompt like file and have your ipod in dfu mode and and it will just start working and dont get worried when your screen flashes white,black,white,black thats good that means its working also it will disconnect and reconnect several times then just stop and their will be like a hard drive pic on your ipod touch screen and then once its done it will show the pine apple dude and when thats done it will boot and ta-dah and it doesnt delete anything and no restore needed !yay!

ill edit my last post on this thread in page 2 ok not this one