help ipod touch or iphone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Superwhiteboy23, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Superwhiteboy23

Superwhiteboy23 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey, im new to this site and ipod hacking or whatever you want to call it, but i was deciding on whether to get a 32GB ipod touch or a 16GB iphone, could anyone help me out? My main issues are do the iphone and ipod touch differ in jailbreak capability and 3rd party app usage, and will 16GB be enough to hold the apps i want. Opinions welcome.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    This is really easy, do you need a phone or an mp3 player?
  3. Superwhiteboy23

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well, i have an mp3 and i have a phone, i mainly want the apps. my main question is are the iphone and ipod touch equal in the jailbreaking and third party apps area or is the ipod touch better than the iphone?
  4. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    well there are technically more apps for the iphone. since it has a mic and a camera there are more apps that were made specifically for the iphone. but other then that everything would work the same. however would you really wanna spend $60 a month on a iphone contract?
  5. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    no they are not both equal. the iphone has apps that are capable of using the camera of the gps. these 2 things dont matter unless u like the pop corn app of the speedodmer apps that suck. yes 16gb is enough to use these apps. most apps arn't even a mb. if u get a gae then it will be under 10 mb. the real question is if u can pay the $70 contract each month.
  6. B.P12

B.P12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    what exactly do you mean by 3rd party apps? games? because the iPod Touch 2G is the best for the app store games... as far as jailbreaking goes, 2.1 on the iPod Touch 2G has not yet been jailbroken. iPhones can have the same 3rd party apps that an iPod Touch can have, and a couple more that pertain to the phone aspect.
  7. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    no they arn't the same the iphone has the camera and the gps so u get more apps. 16 gb is plenty most apps are between 1 mb and 10mb. the 10 mb apps are mostly games. i would get the ipod touch if u dont need a phone because u dont have to pay the $70 a month contract
  8. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Forget Touch, Go For iPhone

Don't buy the iPod Touch if you have the chance at buying the iPhone, the iPod Touch was made for people who didn't want to enter a contract.
    So for summary, go for iPhone.
  9. ianoreo

ianoreo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The iPhone will give you SMS, Phone, iPod, and Apps. The iPod touch will give you iPod and apps. Both have a speaker (now at least). If you already understand the monthly for the AT&T plan and are willing to pay then I would say go for it because it will combine two devices into one. But, if you don't want to pay the monthly, go for the iPod touch. Another option is unlocking an iPhone so that you can't make calls/text, but you can use the iPod, Wi-Fi, and speaker/microphone functionality. But that's a whole different story. Personally, I bought an iPhone on eBay and unlocked it for T-Mobile and I'm quite content.

Ian
  10. Superwhiteboy23

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well, im leaning more toward the iphone definatly, but whats the contract youre talking about? im going to buy the iphone from best buy and probably get it turned on in a month