HELP!!! iPod touch locked me out!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by bek316, May 22, 2010.

1. bek316

bek316 New Member

I have an iPod touch (3rd gen I was told) that my fiance bought me. My nephew had it hacked by his friend and it worked great. I let the battery die out before recharging and it is now stuck with the symbols for a USB cable, an "up" arrow, and iTunes. My nephew said the guy who hacked it said that because it is a "new" iPod, the battery can't die out or this will happen. He wants more money to fix it, but he said it wouldn't even take a minute, so I am trying to do it myself. I just don't know what to do. PLEASE HELP.
  2. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    did they jailbreak with blackra1n or redsn0w??? (if they even told you what they did)
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    oh and if they did then just download blackra1n and rejailbreak with that (you'd probably be better off with spirit but you gotta restore to jailbreak with it)
  3. bek316

bek316 New Member

I honestly don't know...

I honestly don't know... I don't see how i can download anything to it though. it is stuck with the icons and that's it. I am not very good on the computer, but I will try anything, I just need some help as to what to do.
  4. XxRedRumxX

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    your not downloading it to the ipod its to you computer. Just go to blackra1n.com and download either mac or windows version then click make it ra1n

or do a restore in itunes and then go to spiritjb.com and download spirit and then jailbreak with that (its unteathered meaning no connecting to computer everytime you reboot!!)
  5. canardo93

canardo93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What a little asshole, Can you restore in DFU, maybe the only way
  6. XxRedRumxX

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    or that
  7. bek316

bek316 New Member

I don't know what DFU is. Please explain. I can download blackra1n if necessary.
  8. XxRedRumxX

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    connect your ipod to your computer and press and hold the power and home buttons at same time until the screen turns off then keep holding then home button and then itunes will say your ipod is in recovery mode and restore
  9. bek316

bek316 New Member

The computer says that it detected an iPod in recovery mode and it needs to be restored. If I restore it, won't I loose the hack?
  10. XxRedRumxX

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    yeah...restore and then just go to spiritjb.com and download either mac or windows (Depending on ur os) and then jailbreak with that!!! easy as that!!